Having won the Blog hop last week(the first thing I have won) I thought I would be daring and have a go at crackling. Quite a daunting experience.! I have also used one of the dies I won ( the teapot) . I have chosen a mixed media project. I gessoed a canvas then used DecoArt paints for the background. The hint of wallpaper in the background (Tim Holtz) stencil and the tablecloth (Wendy Vecchi) were painted with DecoArt paint. The teapot and cup were first painted blue and then sealed with matte multi medium before applying DecoArt white crackle paint. When dry I rubbed in some colour into the cracks just to enhance them. Shadows were created using Faber Castell warm grey111. I used punches to make the flowers and the picture in the frame I painted. On reflection I should have made the background more of a contrast to highlight the crackle but for a first attempt I'm quite pleased. Thank you for the challenge and looking forward to the next one.
Saturday, 25 June 2016
Hi just thought you might like to see my efforts to use a lot of flowers in a project. Had already made the flowers the other week using the Justrite Romantic Wild Roses stamps. Love how they look painted. Made an easel card base using the circle die that I've had for years. Went a bit overboard with the bling but didn't really want to introduce another colour. Am going to enter this into the stencils and stamps challenge Floral frenzy.